3.30.2012

Now

Yeah... So my visa didn't work and I am now home. Not the happiest camper right now but everything happens for a reason. It's hard, so very hard, to see the reason in this one. But it's there, I just have to wait. I miss Italy and traveling and being on the go so much already. I knew the visa wasn't going to work about 6 days before I actually had to leave which left me very little time left to enjoy everything. It was a sudden shock for me since I had made plans to stay until June. It feels like Italy and work was ripped away from me just when I was beginning to get a feel for things. But I talked with Chef Sartini and he wants me to come back as soon as I can, which would be about 90 days from now because there is a bunch of logistical paperwork bullshit that only allows an American citizen to be in the EU for 90 days within a 6 month period. It's stupid if you ask me, but what can you do?

I must think positive. There is a reason why I was sent home. A reason I am here and I reason I am here now. As difficult as it is to understand a situation that seems impossible to understand, I must. Because life goes on. And Italy isn't going anywhere... It will be there 3 months from now, 6 months from now, 5 years from now. And before I even came back, I decided that I wanted to persue learning butchering and meats, whether it was back at Mozza or a butcher shop or wherever. So when I walked in to Mozza yesterday to surprise everyone, I talked with Chef Chris and told him my idea. He looked at me and told me that the Mozza butcher is leaving in 15 days and if I was serious about this idea, I could be the morning butcher for Mozza...

My life. My crazy life.

How does this happen to me? How does it somehow work out? And when it doesn't seem to work out, when it seems like its all taken away, it still works out. Somehow. I don't know. But is mylife and I live it everyday.


So of now, I will learn the art of butchery. In Los Angeles. For now. Who knows where I will be in 3 months or 6 months or 5 years. But I'm living now and that's all I know. And I hope for the best. And yesterday, I told Chef Chris, "you know what I really want to learn??" and he says "let me guess, everything?". Hahaha spot on Chris, spot on. (since I know you read this)

:)

3 comments:

  1. You my child lead a very charmed life. There is an angel watching over your every thought. We are sooo proud of you and you never let an obstacle slow you down let alone dare stand in your way. Bittersweet maybe but the grand plan will reveal itself in time when its supposed to. We are thrilled to have you back as we missed you like pasta misses a sauce! Ha! Love you to pieces. Pitty much! Pop, slam, pinkies out! xoxoxoxoxoxx <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley! You are so positive, I love it! good for you for making the best of being sent home. I wish I could have your positivity all of the time. You are inspiring to me. I CANNOT wait for our date on Monday to hear about EVERYTHING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how things happen....just go with the flow ashley! when it's time again, throw it into the universe and see where it takes you! but in the meantime, soak up some family time and calif sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete